Thumbs Remover 1.6
For Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/7/8/8.1
DescriptionThumbs Remover is a user-friendly software designed to clean up Thumbs.db preview files stored on your PC.
What are Thumbs.db files?
They're hidden archives storing preview images about the content of one or more folders: their purpose is to improve the opening performance of folders and they are created by all the latest Microsoft’s operating systems. Never are such files automatically removed from your drives and they're created every time you visualize a folder as "thumbnails" in Windows Explorer; in the long term and unbeknownst to you it means that your computer could already be filled with thousands of Thumbs.db files scattered all over.
Thumbs Remover will search for Thumbs.db files in entire hard disks (internal or external), pen drives or in single folders and its subfolders; upon completion it will allow you to browse all Thumbs.db files that had been found and then choose whether or not to delete each one of them.
Thumb Remover can also enable or disable the Thumbs.db creation process in Windows XP, 8 and 8.1 for both local and remote folders (only for remote folders in Windows Vista and 7), it supports integration within the context menu of Windows\File Explorer, when you right-click on a folder or drive.
Thumbs Remover can be easily updated online and is available both in English and Italian.
NotesNew in this version:
- Improved interface, new icons and new alert messages;
- Improved performance for scanning and listing of results;
- Fixed a bug that caused the application to crash while scanning a system protected folder;
- Extended support to files up to 9.2 Zettabyte (9,223,372 Terabyte);
- Extended support to disable Thumbs.db files creation on Windows Vista and 7;
- Added support for Windows 8.1;
- Removed support for Windows ME and its legacy code.
Download Thumbs Remover (.EXE - 861KB)
Version 126.96.36.1990, 32bit & 64bit, self-installing package
Download Thumbs Remover (.ZIP - 260KB)
Version 188.8.131.520, 32bit & 64bit, stand-alone compressed archive